COUPLES IN THE CARIBBEAN: BALMY BARBADOS
Situated at the convergence of the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, the beautiful paradise island of Barbados is not just the perfect spot for two bodies of water to meet. With some of the world’s best sunsets, luxurious hotels, beachside restaurants and calm, gently lapping seas, Barbados is a captivating romantic destination that brings couples together, too!
BARBADOS: ONE OF THE BEST CARIBBEAN ISLANDS FOR COUPLES
There’s a reason why Barbados is considered to be one of the best Caribbean islands for couples. Actually, there are quite a few. With its breathtaking landscapes, year-round sunshine, turquoise waters, white sandy beaches and the welcoming Bajan people, you have all the ingredients for a romantic getaway to remember.
But Barbados offers so much more than just that. This is a destination you can really immerse yourself in. The personalities of the fun-loving locals are just as colourful as the landscapes, and there are endless cultural, culinary and adventurous activities to enjoy if you ever grow tired of sunning yourself on the beach.
THINGS TO DO IN BARBADOS THAT ARE IDEAL FOR COUPLES
There’s an abundance of things to do in Barbados to create life-long memories with your someone special. From extravagant and upscale excursions to simple, low-key days spent on picture-perfect beaches, you’re sure to find something that’s special for you.
When you have sunsets and landscapes to die for, simply having a pre-dinner cocktail or even a little rum punch at one of the luxurious beachside hotels will become a romantic moment to remember. However, if you’re excited by the idea of a boat ride, a catamaran cruise around the island might be more your thing. You can relax on deck while the catamaran sails through the crystal-clear Caribbean waters, giving you unrivalled views of the surrounding beaches.
A trip to one of the island’s spas is an indulgent way to spend some quality time together. The luxurious Coral Reef Club Spa does not disappoint. With nine VIP treatment suites and a freeform swimming pool with its very own waterfall, you’ll be pampered in the epitome of West Indian elegance.
BALMY BARBADOS BEACHES
No romantic trip to Barbados is complete without some Barbadian beach-hopping. Head to one of the picture-perfect Barbados beaches on the western side of the island where the seas are at their calmest. At Mullins or Holetown Bay, you can snorkel with the island’s colourful fish and even swim with the resident turtles.
Other Barbados beaches that are well worth a visit include the palm-fringed Bottom Bay, which is hidden away on the southeast coast and surrounded by coral cliffs. The sloping white sands and unbeatable sunsets of Sandy Lane Beach, on the west coast of the island, are also not to be missed.
RESTAURANTS IN BARBADOS
The best restaurants in Barbados offer truly world-class cuisine served with a Bajan smile in a setting that has to be seen to be believed. If romance is on the menu, head to the west coast, where the sunset will be the perfect accompaniment to your meal.
The Tides Restaurant offers food that’s as good as the uninterrupted sea view, while award-winning Cafe Luna on the south coast serves a Meditteranean, Caribbean and Asian fusion menu, accompanied by views across Miami Beach.
The exclusive torchlit restaurant called the Cliff, with its magical cliff-top setting overlooking the ocean, is another romantic eatery to visit during your stay - and a pre-dinner drink at the upper-level bar is the perfect start to your evening.
COUPLES IN THE CARIBBEAN: OUR FAVOURITE BARBADOS HOTELS
- Barbados Beach Club - Located on the beach, the 3-star Barbados Beach Club Hotel offers couples a romantic setting at an affordable price. Guests can sun themselves on the sandy beach that is just a few paces away, swim in the large outdoor pool and take try a wide range of water-sports.
- Sunbay Hotel - This is the perfect base to explore all this magical island has to offer. Located in the popular resort of Bridgetown, guests can sample the hustle and bustle of the city while still being within easy reach of the white sand beaches and azure blue waters.
- Halcyon Palm - The Halcyon Palm is a big favourite for couples looking for an affordable but luxurious place to stay. With several beautiful beaches in the area, an outdoor pool and plenty of restaurants and bars located nearby, this charming complex has more than enough to keep couples entertained.
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel - A beachfront location within the Garrison area of historic Bridgetown gives the Coconut Court Beach Hotel a truly luxurious feel. Guests can spend their time in the freshwater swimming pool and jacuzzi or take a few short strides to the beautiful white sand beach. The Deck Restaurant and Bar offers delicious food and evening entertainment, while Captain Charlie’s Beach Bar serves cocktails by the sea.
- Discovery Bay - With its private beach, guests at Discovery Bay by Rex Resorts can enjoy their own little piece of paradise. The private beach combined with an excellent outdoor swimming pool and stylish restaurant makes Discovery Bay one of the best affordable resorts on the island. There’s also a luxurious spa offering massage therapies and a beachside bar serving rum punch and cocktails.
BOOK THE ULTIMATE ROMANTIC GETAWAY
Barbados is the perfect setting for a romantic getaway. Whether you want a faraway summer fling or a much-needed dose of winter sun, you’re sure to fall in love with the lush landscapes, the beautiful beaches and each other. At Teletext Holidays, we offer affordable long haul holidays to Cancun, Florida, Thailand and the Caribbean. Take a look at our range of holidays to the Caribbean Islands and book your Barbados holiday today.