ARE THE BRITISH TOO BUSY TO TRAVEL?
HOW TO HAVE A HOLIDAY EVERY MONTH!
In our latest research, we discovered that a large percentage of Brits admit to feeling the pressure at work, one in three fail to use their full annual leave, with a whopping 3.15 million of us forfeiting at least three days a year! Here's how to make the most of your annual leave.
Fear of falling behind is among the most popular reason for failing to rest and it seems if you’re not within the percentage of those cancelling their summer holidays to catch up with unfinished work, you’re simply forgetting to book one altogether. In a bid to boost the amount of time we spend away from our desks, we've developed the perfect holiday combination to help you manage your annual leave!
Statistics show that having regular holidays actually improves productivity in the workplace, with 32% of us admitting that booking alone is enough to boost our mood. Our research reveals that over a quarter of those returning from a well-earned retreat have felt more focused in the first four weeks, 13% earned praise from the big boss and a lucky 9% were even offered a pay rise! Yet it seems something is still stopping us Brits from booking that all-important annual leave.
We’re calling all workaholics to swap the stress for the sun! If you book a Friday or Monday off every month until December, it's quite feasible to have a holiday every month of the year! Enjoy a mix of city breaks and longer holidays and you'll find that your budget stretches further than you think!
Unsure how to unwind on holiday or where to go? We've teamed up with Mark Cropley, Professor of Health Psychology at the University of Surrey, for top tips on how to best prepare for your trip and forget about your job once you’ve jetted off!
TELETEXT HOLIDAYS TOP TIPS FOR MAKING THE MOST OF ANNUAL LEAVE
- Be sure to beat the office crowds when it comes to handing in your holiday form, you’ll have extra time to plan your schedule for your boss and the beach.
- Why not try something different and discover a new destination? Exploring simply adds to the excitement.
- Meeting your deadlines before you depart is always helpful, you may wonder why you even bothered booking at the time but you’ll be in a good position once you return, promise.
- Tidying your desk before you travel will make all the difference on your return, it’s better to start fresh than frantic!
- On average it takes 1.5 days to unwind whilst away, worry less about work and put an end to your emails by switching off your phone.
- Divert your mind away from work whilst on your travels and spoil yourself, whether it’s eating a bowl full of ice cream each day or parasailing over the landscape – it’s your time off, enjoy it!
- Remember you’re on a relaxing retreat, no one will judge you for going beach bound with a pina colada, favourite book and sun umbrella to waste the day away sea side!
- Beat the inevitable holiday blues by sharing snaps and stories with friends, family and colleagues. You know we’ll all be secretly jealous.
- Last but not least, don’t leave it too long before you start searching for your next spot of sun!