In 1700, this prestigious Hotel , at the time going by the name "All'aquila d'oro", hosted very important people such as Wolfgang Goethe and the Emperors Giuseppe II of Austria and Ferdinando IV of the Two Sicilies. During the Holy Year 1950, the hotel got the present name of "Casa del Pellegrino". Since then, it has been offering a simple but very warm and professional welcome, assuring in the meantime, a high standard of quality in its services. This 3 stars hotel offers 143 rooms, from single rooms to suites, equipped with shower, air conditioning, hair dryer, telephone and satellite TV. The rooms have a view on the quiet inner garden or on the majestic architecture of the Basilica. In the elegant breakfast room, decorated in pastels, a buffet breakfast is served for € 7.00 per person. The Hotel also offers a modern and recently renovated bar, under the ancient portico, and a spacious and welcoming restaurant.