Originally the mansion of the Marquis of Pinar del Río that was turned into a hotel in 1909- guests are offered a welcoming ambience and eclectic style. Welcoming guests in the inner patio is a statue made from Carrara marble. The hotel has been decorated with oils from the colonial period painted by prestigious artists. A total of 188 rooms are available of which 82 are double rooms- 80 are twin rooms- 15 are junior suites- 8 are triple rooms and 3 are suites. Facilities include a foyer- a currency exchange desk- a lobby bar and a bar with a sun terrace as well as room service- 3 restaurants and car parking. Each of the rooms comes with a bathroom with a hairdryer- a direct dial telephone- satellite TV- a minibar- a double bed and a hire safe. All of the external rooms also feature a balcony. The air conditioning is centrally controlled. Breakfast and the evening meal may be selected from a buffet; there is a buffet restaurant and 2 à la carte restaurants within the hotel- of which one offers international cuisine and the other Cuban dishes.